iPad mini & iPad with Retina display Stocks & Availability
1. When will the iPad mini and iPad with Retina display be available in SingTel? Thank you for your interest. The iPad mini & iPad with Retina display will be available for sale in SingTel from 30 November 2012. Please refer to our bulletin board for the latest information.
2. What is the pricing of the iPad mini and iPad with Retina display?Please refer to our Price Plan tab for pricing details.
3. Where can I buy the iPad mini and iPad with Retina display?The iPad mini and iPad with Retina display will be available at all SingTel Retail Shops, singtelshop.com and selected SingTel Exclusive Retailers:
Bedok Point #03-22 Changi City Point #02-27 Chinatown Point #02-14 Clementi Mall #04-51 Hougang 1 #01-20 IMM #01-60 Ion Orchard #B3-34 Junction 8 #02-32 Katong Mall #03-08 Lot 1 #B1-30/31 NEX Mall #04-35 NEX Mall #B2-33 Northpoint #B1-36 Novena Square #02-15 Plaza Singapura #B2-08A Raffles City #03-20 Tiong Bahru Plaza #01-53 United Square #B1-25 Vivo City #02-08
5. What SIM card does the iPad mini use? The iPad mini uses a Nano SIM. This Nano SIM card is a smaller version of the Micro SIM. A Nano SIM will be issued with all new purchases of iPad mini from SingTel. Prevailing SIM card charges apply.
Find out more about Nano SIM with our video.
6. What SIM card does the iPad with Retina display use? The iPad with Retina display uses a Micro SIM. A Micro SIM card is a smaller version of the normal SIM. A Micro SIM will be issued with all new purchases of iPad with Retina display from SingTel. Prevailing SIM card charges apply.
7. I am an existing SingTel mobile broadband customer and I am currently not using a compatible SIM card for the iPad mini and/or iPad with Retina display. Will there be any SIM card charges applicable for the change of my current SIM card when I recontract my plan and purchase the iPad mini / iPad with Retina display?Yes, prevailing SIM card charges will apply.
8. I am an existing SingTel postpaid mobile customer. I have an iPad mini and/iPad with Retina display but do not have a compatible SIM card. What shall I do?If you have a mobile service with us, you can subscribe to a Multi-SIM service where a new SIM card will be provided. Prevailing SIM card charges apply.
9. What is 4G and how can I enjoy 4G on my iPad mini / iPad with Retina display? Commonly known as fourth generation mobile network and technically termed as Long Term Evolution (LTE), 4G offers you with speeds faster than 3G. SingTel's 4G service is available to customers who sign up /recontract Mobile BroadBand Prestige 75 Plan with an iPad mini. For more information on SingTel 4G, please click here.
10. I own an iPad mini / iPad with Retina display and have subscribed to BroadBand Prestige 75 / 4G service. Will I be able to enjoy a higher 3G speed when I move out of 4G to 3G coverage? Yes, you will be able to enjoy 3G connectivity with download speeds of up to a theoretical limit of 42Mbps*. * The speed range may vary between users and is subject to device used, hardware and software limitation, 4G network coverage/traffic, distance between user and base station, nature of built-up area, source of website and other external factors.
11. Will I be able to enjoy a higher 3G speed even when I turn off my 4G/LTE settings on my device? Yes, you will be able to enjoy 3G connectivity with download speeds of up to a theoretical limit of 42Mbps. SingTel’s 4G service provides mobile Internet access that is up to five times faster than existing 3G-based smartphone services, with one-fifth of the network latency, hence you are strongly encouraged to turn on your 4G / LTE settings on your device in order to experience the 4G speed.
12. Can I trade in my current iPad when I purchase my iPad mini? Yes, you may visit our SingTel shops for more information.