Feel secure with all-in-one protection that shields you and your family from online threats. Powered by McAfee, a leader in online security, Security Suite gives you 24/7 virus and threat protection.
- Reassuring – Enjoy peace of mind with round-the-clock security to keep your family safe online
- Smart – Updates are installed automatically to give you the best possible protection
- Convenient – Once installed, no need to worry about annual license fees and renewals
With a monthly subscription, you get protection on Windows OS (3 licenses) or Mac OS (1 license).
Automatically block and remove viruses and malware.
Shield your inbox from irritating junk mail.
Block hackers from gaining access to your computer.
Manage the content that your children can access and monitor their time spent online.
Detect and eliminate spyware, adware and tracking cookies.
Identify fake websites that steal your personal information.
Add ratings to websites to help your family avoid online dangers.
Permanently erase files, folders and data from your hard drive to provide enhanced security and reduce clutter.
Save copies of your system settings so that you can restore your computer to its previous state and fix problems that make your computer run slowly.
View inbound/outbound traffic and the percentage of bandwidth used by specific programs.
Save all your passwords in a secure environment so you don’t have to remember them.
Protect your personal information by blocking the transmission of specified personal information over non-secure internet connections.
Experience worry-free surfing once you've subscribed and installed Security Suite. One subscription allows protection up to three computers (for WinOS).
- Ensure you can meet the Minimum Requirements and sign up (link to sign up) with your SingNet Broadband Userid and Password. Remove any existing security software on your computer. For more info on removing existing security software, visit our FAQ (link to FAQ, question 11).
- Once you have signed up for the service, an activation email will be sent to your SingNet email address within 24 hours. You can request to Resend Activation Email if you haven't received it.
- When you receive the Activation Email, follow the download link and enter in your SingNet BroadBand Userid and Password on the download software page.
- Once logged in, click on the 'Download' button to start the download process.
- 'Run' the software and continue to follow the instructions to set up and install.
- Once successfully installed, Security Suite will automatically keep your computer updated with the latest security protection. Now you can enjoy peace of mind when you surf!
To sign-up for the Security Suite you need to be subscribed to SingNet Broadband with a valid SingNet email address. The computer(s) you want to protect must also meet the following minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 8.
- Personal computer with Pentium-compatible processor, 500 MHz or higher
- 256 MB RAM
- Additional requirement for Windows Vista: Must meet Windows Vista operating system requirements
- 800 x 600 or higher resolution
- Internet connection
- NET Framework version 1.1.4322
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Optional: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
- OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard or later)
- Apple Computer with Intel Processor
- 1GB RAM or higher
- Minimum 150MB of free disk space
Browsers:Safari version 3.0 and above
o Firefox Browser 3.0 and above
o (SiteAdvisor is currently supported by Firefox browser only)
- POP3-Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky, PostPet
- Web-MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Security Suite FAQs
How much does it cost and how will I be charged for the service?
Security Suite subscription is at $5/month (incl GST). With Security Suite, you do not need to make a large one-off payment. You also don't need to worry about annual renewals and licenses. We'll take care of that for you!
How do I start to use the service?
Please visit the How To section for more details. It's easy to install, configure and use. You even get automatic updates immediately so you would have the latest protection.
Why has SingTel partnered with McAfee?
We selected security specialist McAfee from a shortlist of the world's leading computer security providers. McAfee is recognised as a leader in both personal computer and network protection and offer best-of-breed computer security solutions preventing intrusions and protecting computer systems from the next generation of threats.
Who is McAfee?
McAfee is the world's leading security Application Service Provider. McAfee hosts software application services on its vast technology infrastructure and provides these services to users. They have over 140 million customers and average more than 600,000 visitors to their website each day. Visit the McAfee website for more information.
SingNet already has email virus protection and anti-spam service. What's the difference between those services and the Security Suite? Why do I need more?
SingNet's Anti-Spam and Email Virus scan will scan and protect your SingNet emails. We scan all emails that are sent to and from a SingNet email address and this will block most known email viruses and spams. However, there are plenty of other security threats that don't come via email. Simply by surfing the web and opening apparently harmless links or applications your computer can become infected or attacked - often without you knowing. In addition, McAfee has strong parental controls which help to manage your child's internet access and usage patterns. With Security Suite service, you can be sure that your family is offered comprehensive protection online.
Having trouble installing or using it?
If you are having difficulties you can call our SingNet Technical Helpdesk at 1688.
Is the Security Suite available on CD?
Sorry, no - you have to download it. Because we are offering the Security Suite as a great deal, it's only available online. That means there's no added expense of creating CDs and printing retail packaging. Furthermore, by downloading online, you are ensured you are protected with the most updated virus definitions from the start.
How many licenses do I need?
The Security Suite is designed primarily for home users and small or home businesses, so a maximum of 3 licenses are available for Windows OS users. You will need a separate license for each computer that you want to protect using the Security Suite.
- if you have a desktop PC and a laptop you would need two (WinOS) licenses (ie $5/month).
- If you have a laptop and a Macbook, you would need 1 Security Suite (for WinOS) and 1 Security Suite (for MacOS) license (ie $10/month)
Do I need to remove any existing anti-virus or security software?
We strongly recommend that before installing Security Suite you remove or un-install any existing security software. You should be able to do this by following the simple instructions below:
- From the Taskbar, click Start.
- Click Settings (skip this if using Windows XP).
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click to highlight the existing antivirus program in the list of software.
- Click Add/Remove.
- Follow the prompts to remove the antivirus program.
Note: If you're prompted to remove shared files, click Yes to all
- Restart your computer.
Why do Mac users need protection?
We all know that Macs don't get PC viruses, but the Internet is a dangerous place and Macs are just as vulnerable to internet threats as PCs. With the daily emergence of new and more sophisticated internet threats that could disrupt your digital life, you need more than the MacOS to protect yourself, your family computer, your identity and your family.
Security Suite for the Mac automatically helps protect your Mac from malware, cyberattacks, and safeguards your personal information from data-stealing programs and would-be hackers. It gives you the freedom to explore, download, and shop on the internet anytime, anyplace without fear of criminals or cyberattacks.
What kind of risks or threats are Mac users up against on the internet?
You have the option to delete from your handheld only or from both the handheld and Yahoo! account. Mac users are not vulnerable to the same viruses and threats that have traditionally plagued the PCs but the internet has leveled the playing field. Mac users are now just as susceptible to online risks as PC users. With the rise in adoption of the Mac OS, hackers and thieves are increasingly focusing their efforts to develop attacks that will work on Macs.
- Malicious programs that steal personal data
- Identity theft
- Security of financial information when banking and shopping oline
- Email phishing and fraud scams.
- Unsecured wireless
- Phishing scams
- Tracking cookies
- Identity theft
- Online phishing scams along with the prevalence of other malicious programs have increased by 50%* in the last few years.
- 11 million people were victims of online identity theft last year**
- 5% of all websites are malicious, putting you at risk for fraud, identity theft, and dangerous downloads that you might unknowingly pass long to others***
**"2010 Identity Fraud Survey Report; Identity Fraud Continues to Rise - New Accounts Fraud Drives Increase; Consumer Costs at an All-time Low." Javelin Strategy and Research, Feb 2010
***"The Ghost in the Browser analysis of Web-based Malware". Google, Inc. May 2007.
Security Suite Terms & Conditions
Please check Terms and Conditions here .