Set an “Out of Office” auto-reply to incoming SMSes sent from any SingTel mobile number when it isn’t convenient for you to answer them. You can also copy and divert incoming/outgoing SMSes to another mobile phone number or an email account.
- Empowering – Efficiently manage your SMSes to suit your needs and schedule
- Customisable – Options to divert or copy messages to another mobile number or to your email, or set an "out-of-office" auto-reply when you're not available
- Affordable – Choose between a low pay-per-use rate or a monthly subscription rate
The pay-per-use rate is $0.54 per activation, per feature. The monthly subscription rate is $2.14 for unlimited activations across features.
Dial *SMS (*767) or login to My Account to activate now.
- Dial *SMS (*767) on your mobile phone and select Option 4 or
- Visit any SingTel Retail shop or
- Call 1688 (Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 8pm; Sat: 8.30am - 6pm)
Turn on the desired SMS Plus feature(s) via any of these 3 methods:
Via your mobile phone
If you are in Singapore: Key *SMS (*767) on your mobile and press SEND
If you are overseas: Send an SMS “*767” to the number “3333”
- You will receive an SMS with the Plus Menu
- Reply with your desired option to setup your selected feature
Via IDEAS Web Portal
- Go to http://www.ideas.singtel.com/smsplus
- You will be prompted to log in with your IDEAS ID and password
- Set up your desired feature
Via IDEAS WAP Portal
- Go to the IDEAS WAP portal at http://www.ideas.singtel.com
- Select "SingTel Services"
- Select "SMS Plus Services"
- Set up your desired feature
For iPhone Users
- Go to the IDEAS iPhone portal at http://www.ideas.singtel.com/iphone
- Select “SingTel Services” followed by “SMS Plus”
- Click “More”
- Set up your desired feature
To check status of features:
You can check the current status of features in any one of these ways:
- Dial *SMS (*767)
- IDEAS Web Portal
- IDEAS WAP Portal
SMS Plus FAQs
Will I be charged Roaming SMS traffic when I am roaming overseas with SMS Plus features activated?
Auto-replied SMSes, Diverted SMSes and Copied SMSes are sent and charged as local SMSes, so there are no roaming charges. These SMSes will be deducted from your Mobile Plan SMS bundle. However, if you have copied or diverted your SMS to a foreign (overseas) mobile number, prevailing Global SMS traffic charges will apply.
Global SMS charges also apply if you activate your SMS Plus service overseas via SMS or WAP. You can avoid Global SMS charges if you activate your SMS Plus via the Ideas Portal.
I have activated both SMS Copy Incoming and Outgoing, how will the traffic be charged?
Yes, if Originating Short Messaging is supported by the overseas GSM operator. Please also check that your mobile phone is pre-set with the correct SingTel Mobile Short Message Service Centre (SMSC) number. Roaming charges may apply depending on the overseas operator.
Who is eligible to sign up for SMS Plus?
All SingTel Mobile postpaid customers are eligible.
Note: The service may not work for numbers ported over from other mobile operators.
What happens if I have activated SMS Plus Out-of-Office / Divert / Copy and have forgotten to turn it off?
Your activated feature will continue to be active until you turn it off.
Are there any charges for turning off the features?
No, turning off each feature is free of charge.
Will I need to activate the features after I have subscribed?
Yes, subscribing just allows you an unlimited number of activations. You still need to activate the desired feature(s).
What kind of SMS is not applicable to the SMS Plus Service?
The service does not apply to the following types of SMS:
- SMS originating from non-SingTel mobile numbers.
- Premium SMS (e.g. SMS for donations, SMS from paid services, etc.).
- SMS sent from short-codes.
Can I divert/copy an SMS to a fixed line?
Can I divert/copy an SMS to a foreign number?
Yes. Prevailing Global SMS traffic charges apply.
If I've set SMS Divert to Party B, and Party B has set SMS Copy to Party C, what will happen?
Your SMS will be diverted to Party B, but will not copy to Party C. A diverted or copied SMS cannot be copied or diverted again.
When an SMS is diverted/copied to an email, can the recipient reply to that email?
Can the service work if I turn on the SMS Delivery Report feature on my phone?
Can I use this service if my mobile number is ported over from another mobile service provider?
SMS Plus Terms & Conditions
1. Incorporation by Reference
(i) The General Terms
(ii) These Specific Terms and Conditions;
(iii)Specific Terms and Conditions of SingTel Mobile; and
(iv)SingTel's Billing Terms and Conditions
2.1 In these Specific Terms and Conditions, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
a. "General Terms" means Singapore Telecommunications Limited's General Terms and Conditions of Service.
b. "SMS Plus Service" means the service which allows Customers (defined under Clause 3.1 below) to use features as follows:
- SMS Plus Out-of-Office - Customer can set an autoreply SMS when Customer is not available;
- SMS Plus Copy - which includes two (2) services, SMS Plus Copy Incoming and SMS Plus Copy Outgoing. Customer can copy Customer's incoming and outgoing SMS up to five (5) parties only i.e. to five (5) other mobile numbers or to five (5) email addresses or a combination of both. For the purpose of these Specific Terms and Conditions, this act shall be referred to as "Copy"; and
- SMS Plus Divert - Customer can divert incoming SMS to another mobile number and/or an email address. For the purpose of these Specific Terms and Conditions, this act shall be referred to as "Divert".
- c. "SingTel Mobile" means SingTel Mobile Singapore Pte Ltd (CRN:201012456C).
- d. "SingTel Group Company" means SingTel and each related corporation of SingTel within the meaning given in the Companies Act.
2.2 The headings or titles to the Clauses in these Specific Terms and Conditions are to facilitate reference and shall not be referred to or relied upon in the construction of any provision of these Specific Terms and Conditions.
3.1 The SMS Plus Service is available to individual consumers as well as corporate customers ("Customer").
4.1 To use the SMS Plus Service, the Customer is required to activate the individual services i.e SMS Plus Out-of-Office, SMS Plus Copy and SMS Plus Divert (each, an "Individual Service").
5.1 Subscription to SMS Plus Service can be done by dialing *SMS (*767) and selecting option 4, calling 1688 hotline or visiting our SingTel Retail Shops.
5.2 If the Customer subscribes to the SMS Plus Service, the following shall apply:
a. The subscription of the SMS Plus Service shall take effect within one (01) day from the time the Customer applies for the said subscription;
b. A minimum subscription period of ONE (1) month shall apply to each Individual Service; or such other period as may be stipulated by SingTel Mobile as the minimum subscription period at the time the Customer applies for the SMS Plus Service. Thereafter, the SMS Plus Service shall continue in force until terminated by SingTel Mobile or the Customer.
5.3 The Individual Service shall be activated within ten (10) minutes from the time the Customer submits the request to activate the Individual Service
6.1 Deactivation of the Individual Service can be done by dialing *767, via IDEAS WAP or IDEAS WEB Message Station at URL http://www.ideas.singtel.com/smsplus
6.2 Termination of subscription to SMS Plus Service can be done at My Account or call our 1688 hotline or visit SingTel Retail shops.
6.3 Without prejudice to anything in the General Terms and Specific Terms and Conditions for SingTel Mobile, SingTel Mobile reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate the Customer's access to the Service for any reason whatsoever. No prior notice will be required to be given to the Customer for such action and SingTel Mobile shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for such suspension, restriction or termination.
7.1 The Customer agrees not to use and not to allow or permit any other person to use the SMS Plus Service to:
- Cause any threat, harassment, distress, annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person whomsoever;
- Violate any laws or regulations or other persons rights, or interfere with another person's use of the Service;
- Carry out any activities which are actually or potentially injurious to other Customers or persons, or to the operation or reputation of any SingTel Group Company; and / or
- Do any act that may at any time be prohibited by SingTel's Acceptable Use Policy which can be found at URL www.singtel.com. SMS Plus Service Conditions/Limitations
7.2 The Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- There will be no refund of activation fee after activation has been done;
- Customer may receive certain communication from SingTel Mobile, such as service announcements and administrative messages and that these communications are deemed to be part of the SMS Plus Service;
- Any new features introduced from time to time to augment or enhance the SMS Plus Service, shall be subject to these Specific Terms and Conditions;
- The SMS Plus Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis;
- SMS originating from non-SingTel mobile numbers will not be applicable for the SMS Plus Service;
- SMS Plus Out-of-Office Auto Reply is not applicable to SMS which have already been Diverted or Copied;
- SMS Plus Divert and SMS Plus Copy will not work for SMS which have already been Diverted or Copied;
- The Customer will not receive the SMS if Customer has activated both SMS Plus Divert and SMS Plus Copy incoming features. If incoming SMS is Diverted and Copied to the same mobile number, that mobile number will receive the message twice.
- SMS Plus Divert and SMS Plus Copy are not applicable for Diverting and Copying to a fixed line;
- Incoming and outgoing SMS traffic on SMS Plus Copy shall be charged respectively;
- SMS Plus Divert or SMS Plus Copy to a foreign mobile number will be subjected to prevailing Global SMS traffic charges;
- The Out-of-Office Autoreply, Diverted SMS and Copied SMS sent while the Customer is roaming overseas is considered a local SMS and will be charged at SingTel's prevailing SMS traffic charges or will be taken to count towards the free SMS bundle from the Customer's Mobile Price Plan;
- Traffic charges for concatenated (long) message generated from SMS Plus Divert/Copy will be charged at SingTel's prevailing SMS traffic charges;
The SMS Plus Service may not work with the following
I. Premium SMS
II. SMS sent from short codes
III. Binary messages such as WAP Push/OTA/ring tones/operator logos
IV. SMS originating from non-SingTel mobile numbers
- Upon activation or deactivation of the SMS Plus Service, it may take up to 10 minutes for the service to be activated and deactivated respectively;
- A notification SMS/email will be sent to the party that Customer has setup a Divert or Copy to;
- SMS Plus Service will not be work if the SMS delivery receipt on Customer's mobile phone is active;
- SMS Plus Copy Incoming and SMS Plus Copy Outgoing are considered 2 separate services and will be charged respectively for each activation;
- Only English characters are supported for the Out-of-Office autoreply message and is limited to 160 characters. The Out-of-Office autoreply message will be truncated if it exceeds 160 characters.
- The Customer cannot reply to messages which are Diverted or Copied to an email from the said email account.
- The Sender field of the email for a Copied or Diverted message will reflect that of the original sender.
- The Customer cannot Copy or Divert to the Customer's own mobile phone number.
8.1 SingTel Mobile does not warrant the SMS Plus Service will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; further, no such warranty is given that the SMS Plus Service is free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro.
8.2 The Customer further acknowledges and agrees that SingTel Mobile:
- Expressly excludes any guarantee, representation, warranty, condition, term, or undertaking of any kind, express or implied, statutory or otherwise or any representations or warranties arising from usage or custom or trade or by operation of law, including (without limitation) as to the sequence, originality, correctness, completeness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, currency, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose;
- Shall in no event be liable to the Customer in respect of any matter arising out of or in connection with the SMS Plus Service in contract or tort or otherwise for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of profit, business, revenue, anticipated savings, goodwill or any loss or corruption of data, or any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage whatsoever;
Shall not be responsible for the consequences of the use of the SMS Plus Service and SingTel Mobile hereby excludes all liability of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused, whether arising under contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with or arising from:
i. The use of the SMS Plus Service by the Customer; or
ii. Any inaccuracies, errors, omissions or mistakes in, or any delays or interruptions, linked to or referable to the SMS Plus Service;
- To the fullest extent permitted by law exclude all warranties, rights and remedies (including warranties implied by statue or otherwise) that the Customer would otherwise be entitled to by law.
9.1 The Customer shall be bound by and shall fully observe and comply with all the General Terms as well as such other terms and conditions as may be agreed or accepted by the Customer. The rights and protections conferred on SingTel Mobile under these Specific Terms and Conditions shall be additional to the rights and protections conferred on SingTel Mobile under the General Terms and any other terms and conditions agreed or accepted by the Customer.
9.2 SingTel Mobile reserves the right to alter, modify, add to or otherwise vary these Specific Terms and Conditions from time to time by notice to the Customer. The Customer shall be bound by the terms so amended.
Rate this page
on how useful
is the information: