Reliable and Crystal-Clear Communication for your Home
Singtel Home Line is your most reliable solution for communication from home. No power? No problem! Your analogue telephone line will continue to work during a power failure.
- Crystal-clear calls
- Low subscription rate and call charges
- Free number retention when you switch to Singtel
Call 1688 or visit a Singtel shop
Subscription and Setup Charges
|Subscription Charge for 3 Months||$29.43|
|One-Time Activation Charge||$53.50|
|New Wiring for First 50 Metres||$53.50|
|Monday to Friday (9am to 7pm)||0.86 cents per 30-second block|
|Monday to Friday (7pm to 9am)||0.86 cents per 60-second block|
|Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays (whole day)||0.86 cents per 60-second block|
- Rates stated are inclusive of GST.
- Call 1688 for information on express services or weekend installation.
- The rate applied is based on the time the call is answered, regardless of the fact that it may end in another charge period.
- Free telephone line number retention: retain your existing telephone number for free when you switch to Singtel.
- Singtel reserves all rights to amend Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
Packages (all prices are inclusive of GST)
Enjoy these benefits when you sign up for a 2nd Singtel Home Line:
- 50% off the subscription rate (usual price: $29.43 per quarter)
- Waiver of the one-time activation charge ($53.50)
- Waiver of the wiring charge for the first 50 metres ($53.50)
*There is a $53.50 one-time activation charge for new line applications.
Home Line Terms & Conditions
1. Defintion And Interpertation
In these Specific Terms and Conditions, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
"Activation" in relation to any Facility means:the actions required to be taken by Singtel (with respect to the telecommunications network operated and maintained by Singtel) after the completion of Installation in order that the Customer can begin to utilise the Facility; or the actions required to be taken by Singtel (with respect to the telecommunications network operated and maintained by Singtel, including any cable or wiring installed by Singtel at the Stipulated Premises) after Singtel's receipt of the Customer's report to Singtel of any fault in or failure of the Facility in order that the Customer can resume utilizing the Facility, but shall not include actions to rectify any incompatibility of or defects or deficiencies in any equipment, software, cable or thing not owned, operated or maintained by Singtel;
"Customer" means any person who applies for or subscribes for or utilises the Service;
"Facility" means any telecommunications service or facility which Singtel has agreed to make available to the Customer (on application of the Customer) through the use of the Line;
"General Terms" means Singapore Telecommunications Limited's General Terms and Conditions of Service;
"Installation" means the installation of the Line at the Stipulated Premises, including the provision of required cables and wiring, from Singtel's network interface point situated outside the Stipulated Premises to the Stipulated Premises;
"Line" means a telecommunications line to which a telephone may be connected for voice calls or facsimile transmissions to be made or received;
"Maintenance" means the inspection, repair and, where necessary, replacement of the cables, wires and socket(s) constituting the Line installed by Singtel;
"Service" means the provision, installation and maintenance by Singtel of a Line at the Stipulated Premises for telephone calls to be made or received at the Stipulated Premises;
"Stipulated Premises" means the premises stated in the Customer's application to Singtel for the Service as the premises at which the Service is required or such other premises as may be approved in writing by Singtel;
"Working Day" means any day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Singapore.
- The words and expressions used in these Specific Terms and Conditions, which are defined in the General Terms but are not defined in these Specific Terms and Conditions shall have the same meanings as defined in the General Terms unless the context otherwise requires.
- The headings or titles to the Clauses in these Specific Terms and Conditions are to facilitate reference and shall not be referred to or relied upon in the construction of any provision of these Specific Terms and Conditions.
- The Line shall be installed by Singtel at the Stipulated Premises. The Customer shall not install any Line without the prior written consent of Singtel.
- The Service does not include the provision or installation by Singtel at the Stipulated Premises of any equipment (including any telephone) required for the Customer to make or receive calls or derive any other benefit from the Line in the absence of any express written agreement by Singtel to provide any such equipment. Any and all such equipment shall be provided by the Customer at the Customer's expense.
- Singtel shall, in its sole discretion, decide on the route of the wiring or cabling in the Stipulated Premises for installation of the Line and Singtel shall not be required to utilise any trunking or conduits provided by the Customer for the purpose.
- In the event that Singtel is of the opinion that the installation of the Line at the Stipulated Premises would require, involve or incur: any risk of injury to any person; the use of equipment which is not commonly used in the installation of a Line; the relocation of any structure, fixture or fitting at the Stipulated Premises; or costs, expenses or manpower resources which exceeds the amount usually required on the part of Singtel for the installation of a Line, Singtel may decline to install the Line or impose such conditions (including the provision of equipment or the payment of any charges or reimbursement of expenses by the Customer) as it may consider appropriate and defer the installation of the Line and the provision the Service to the Customer until after all such conditions have been fulfilled.
- Where the Customer is not the owner of the Stipulated Premises, the Customer shall obtain such approval and consent from the owner thereof for the installation or relocation of the Line and the work required to be carried out by Singtel for the purpose and shall indemnify Singtel in respect of any and all claims against Singtel in respect of any and all work carried out by Singtel for the installation or relocation at the Stipulated Premises of the Line or any equipment relating to the Service.
- The Customer shall provide all internal wiring and sockets within the Stipulated Premises according to IDA's and Singtel's specifications and guidelines required for the purpose of the installation of the Line. Where Singtel is requested to provide any such internal wiring or sockets, the Customer shall pay Singtel the charges imposed by Singtel.
- The Customer shall procure that any Line installed by Singtel at the Stipulated Premises is not removed or relocated (whether within or outside the Stipulated Premises) without Singtel's prior written consent.
- Singtel shall not be obliged to remove and reinstall the Line to any other premises unless it has agreed to do so and the Customer has agreed to pay such charges as may be imposed by Singtel.
- The Customer shall indemnify Singtel against all costs and expenses incurred in removing and/or relocating the installation of the Line or any cable or posts used for the Service in the event any owner or occupier of any property through, under, over across, in or upon which such Line or cable or posts are placed, requests such removal or relocation.
- Singtel shall be entitled to terminate the Service at any time if: the Stipulated Premises is declared to be unsafe by the relevant governmental authority; or in the opinion of Singtel, the Customer intends to cease or has ceased using or occupying the Stipulated Premises.
- If Singtel shall at any time be unable to obtain or maintain any license, wayleave, permission, or easement necessary for the provision or maintenance of the Service, Singtel may, by notice in writing to the Customer, terminate the Service as from the date of such notice.
- Either Singtel or the Customer may terminate the Service at any time by giving to the other not less than seven (7) days' prior written notice of such intention to terminate.
- In the event that: the date for the first appointment for Singtel's personnel to effect Installation or Maintenance shall fall within the respective periods set out herein, in the absence of any request by the Customer to the contrary or deferment or cancellation thereof by the Customer: for Installation, within five (5) Working Days after Singtel's receipt of the Customer's request for the appointment; and for Maintenance, within three (3) days after Singtel's receipt of the Customer's request for the appointment; or the Activation of any Facility is not effected within the respective periods set out herein after Singtel's approval of the Customer's application for the Facility or the completion of the Installation, whichever shall last occur, in the absence of any request by the Customer to the contrary or deferment or cancellation thereof by the Customer: for international direct dial, within the next Working Day; and for call waiting or call transfer, within three Working Days; or the Activation of any Facility is not effected within the respective periods set out herein after Singtel's receipt of the Customer's report of any fault in or failure of the Facility: where such report is received before 2 pm of any Working Day, within the same Working Day; and where such report is received after 2 pm of any Working Day, before noon of the next Working Day, for each Working Day of delay on the part of Singtel, the Customer shall, subject to compliance with the provisions of Clause 5.2, be granted a waiver of one month's local telephone call charges of Singtel in respect of the Line Provided Nevertheless that the total amount of charges which may be waived by virtue of this Clause 5.1 shall not in any event exceed six months' local telephone call charges of Singtel in respect of the Line and that no amount shall be waived in respect of any delay caused by any failure (for any reason whatsoever) of Singtel personnel to gain access to the Stipulated Premises at the time of their visit thereto to carry out any inspection and/or work required for Activation or to make any appointment with the Customer for such visit for the purpose to take place at the time selected by Singtel. The charges to be waived shall be the local telephone call charges of Singtel in respect of the Line for the calendar month(s) following the date of submission of the Customer's claim to Singtel under Clause 5.2.
- The Customer shall submit to Singtel a claim for waiver of telephone call charges under Clause 5.1 within fourteen (14) days after the first Working Day following the latest date by which such appointment or Activation is by Clause 5.1 to occur.
- Save as expressly set out herein: nothing herein shall be construed to impose any obligation on Singtel to commence, carry out or complete any Installation, Maintenance or Activation within any time; and Singtel shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss, damage or inconvenience incurred or suffered arising from any delay on the part of Singtel in the provision of any Service or in undertaking Installation, Activation or Maintenance.
- The Customer agrees that Singtel shall be entitled to use or disclose any information or data disclosed by the Customer in accordance with Clause 15 of the General Terms and Conditions in the Singtel website at www.singtel.com. The Customer is entitled to withdraw such consent in the procedure as prescribed by Singtel from time to time.
- The Customer's Service number shall be listed in the Singapore Phone Book or other applicable Directory unless otherwise agreed.
- A Customer may apply to Singtel to have the Service number de-listed from the Singapore Phone Book Listing or other applicable Directory, upon payment of the prevailing administrative and de-listing charges.
- Singtel is entitled to offer Value Added Service at promotional rates from time to time.
- Prevailing monthly subscription rate will apply for Value Added Service after the expiry of any promotional period in respect of such Value Added Service.
- The Customer shall be bound by and shall fully observe and comply with all the General Terms and Conditions as well as such other terms and conditions as may be agreed or accepted by the Customer. The rights and protections conferred on Singtel under these Terms and Conditions shall be additional to the rights and protections conferred on Singtel under the General Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions agreed or accepted by the Customer.
- Singtel reserves the right to alter, modify, add to or otherwise vary these Specific Terms and Conditions from time to time. The Customer shall be bound by the Specific Terms and Conditions so amended. In any event, if the Customer continues to use the Service after such notice, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the amendments.
Identify callers by displaying their phone number on your phone before you answer a...
Keep your home number private and be aware of who’s calling you with Call Privacy...
Ensure you are always reachable and be aware of who’s calling you with Call Plus Pack...