Documents required for new customers
Are you new to Singtel or subscribing to a new service? Here are the documents that you will need when you apply for a Singtel mobile, broadband or TV service.
For Singapore Citizen or Permanent Residents
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident applying to any Singtel service(s), please bring your original IC to the Singtel Shop. If your NRIC is lost, you may bring your passport and a police report indicating your lost NRIC.
If you are a foreigner applying for any Singtel service(s), please bring the following documents to the Singtel Shop:
- Employment Pass/Work Permit/Social or Dependent Pass with at least 6 months validity to date of expiry; and
- Purchase Agreement/Tenancy Letter (with proof of more than 6mths occupancy); and
If you are applying on behalf of someone else
If you are applying for a service on behalf of someone else, documents that are required include:
- Letter of authorisation letter signed by the applicant
- Identification documents of the authorised person
- Identification documents of the subscriber
- Any other documents that might be needed as per the sections above
If you want to transfer ownership
For a transfer of ownership, the original identification documents of both the Transferor and Transferee are required.
In the case that the transfer of ownership is from a Corporate Plan to a Personal Plan, you will need the following:
- Company Unique Entity Number (UEN)
- Company authorisation letter with company stamp
Both Transferor and Transferee must settle all outstanding balances in their accounts with the Singtel Group before proceeding with the transfer.